CAREER SERVICE POSITION WITH BENEFITS
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for vacuuming, sweeping and/or mopping floors. Uses industrial carpet cleaner on all carpets areas.
Responsible for emptying all garbage containers on a daily basis, assuring that garbage is separated as required by local ordinances.
Responsible for cleaning all restrooms; sinks, toilets, mirrors and restocking paper towels, bathroom tissue and soap.
Responsible for dusting and polishing furniture, filing cabinets, countertops and window sills. Responsible for cleaning glass windows and doors.
Responsible for performing light maintenance duties, including but not limited to: painting, replacing light bulbs, door locks, air filters on heating and air units, minor furniture repairs, replacing ceiling tiles, etc.
Responsible for keeping janitorial supplies in stock and maintaining inventory of supplies. Assists with annual inventory of supplies and equipment.
Performs monthly inspection of fire extinguishers and documents inspection on attached tags.
Moves furniture and equipment as required. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and climb ladders in order to perform the essential duties of this position.
Maintains general order of storage building and contents.
Coordinates with County Maintenance staff for services needed by that department.
Delivers supplies and equipment between departments and clinic sites as needed. Runs errands as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Submits timesheets at the end of each pay-period.
Notifies supervisor of damages to structure, equipment etc. Notifies supervisor of findings, recommendations, suggestions and/or comments regarding building safety, repairs and maintenance, aesthetics, etc. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Responsible for general outside building and grounds maintenance, including but not limited to: mowing lawn, using weed eater, hedge trimmer, lawn fertilization and watering, and outside window cleaning. Keeps debris picked up. Applies insecticides, ant killer, etc. as needed.
- All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this announcement must be verifiable.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962 will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, visit http://www.sss.gov.
- This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit.
- Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
- If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending on the date of your retirement.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
- Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
- Florida has the third largest population of veterans in the nation with more than 1.5 million service men and women. The Florida Department of Health (Department) is committed to serving members of the United States Armed Forces, veterans and their families by encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of knowledge and/or expertise. Through the Department’s VALOR program, which expedites licensing for military veterans, the Department also waives initial licensing and application fees for military veterans who apply for a health care professional license within 60 months of an honorable discharge. These initiatives help ensure that the transition from military service into the workforce is as smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication devoted to protecting our country.