Who we are: Since 1995, Mediacom Communications has become a coast-to-coast presence with operations in 22 states and a team exceeding 4,000 people with the mission of bridging the digital divide between America’s major cities and America’s smaller regions. The services we offer—faster, more reliable internet service; expanded, free digital and HD TV choices; and superior technology in home security and phone service—are a direct result of our powerful culture of growth and innovation.
As we continue to grow, so do our career opportunities. We aim to be at the forefront in delivering easy-to-use, high-tech entertainment, communications, and internet products to the communities we serve. To achieve this, Mediacom Communications seeks talented professionals to partner with us in meeting these challenges and realizing what we can imagine. Take that next step toward your future and join our growing team!
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician), you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable television and broadband services. You’ll drive a company van, go into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our customers. You’ll also learn and perform a variety of duties including installation, changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any special requests customers may have regarding installation.
Along with that rewarding feeling, you’ll be given the Power to Succeed in your career while enjoying ongoing training and a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to your needs. You'll find all sorts of advantages to joining the Mediacom team including:
- Company provided vehicle and gas card!
- Paid on the job training and opportunity to promote quickly!
- Company provided tools, tablet, and phone!
- Health, vision, and dental insurance!
- Paid vacation, holidays and flex paid time off!
- 401K with generous company match!
- Pay increases through self-guided training!
- Performance bonus potential of up to an hundreds of dollars per month after training!
- Employee discounts on Mediacom services, where available. In areas where Mediacom services are not available, a reimbursement of internet/cable services are provided!
- Education Enrichment up to $5,000 per year for qualified employees!
- Company provided uniforms and boots!
- Employee Wellness Program!
- Make customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
- Perform new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; add outlets; install and/or remove converters; perform upgrades and downgrades of service.
- Analyze picture quality and judges’ acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
- Work with connectors, fasteners and wire and use hand tools.
- Use customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
- Complete appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
- Read signal levels through use of field strength meter; add and subtract levels in installation problems; install connectors on different types of drop cable; maintain proper clearances; install tap-off devices.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed.
- Lift and carry loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- Properly use, store and maintain a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” online as well as AC and DC voltages.
- Read general drop system layouts from blueprints.
- Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
- Drive company vehicles in performance of job duties; use bucket truck. Perform proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
- Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options, sales campaigns, and promotions.
- Perform other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provide general assistance to other employees as directed.
- No experience required.
- High school diploma or GED required; trade school training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required: satisfactory driving record required.
- General level of mechanical and consumer devices knowledge
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Physical effort represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools.
Get to know us: Mediacom Communications is known by our Mediacom brands, including: Xtream TV, Phone and Internet, Xtream Xpert, Xtream Wifi360Pro, Xtream Hotspots, Mediacom Bolt, Mediacom Digital Home, Mediacom Business and OnMedia. When you join Mediacom, you are joining a powerful team of more than 4,000 individuals working together to serve more than 1.55 million customers in 22 states and connecting them to what matters most.
Our Awards: Mediacom is proud to have received the following recognitions: 2023 Best Managed Companies, 2022 Best Managed Companies, 2021 Best Managed Companies, 2019 Best Company for Women to Work, 2017 Best Company for People of Color and Women to Work, Content & Connectivity Human Resources (C2HR)’s 2021 Social Impact Award.
Who you are matters here: Mediacom Communications is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all employees and applicants for employment. Mediacom Communications prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, marital status, status as a parent, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, reprisal for participation in protected EEO activity, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. These protections extend to all employment policies, practices, and actions, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring; job assignments; performance management; rewards; promotions; training and development; reassignments; discipline; and separations.
Disclaimer: When making a job offer, we consider several factors in our determination, such as years of related work experience; relevant skills and qualifications; education level; and certifications/licenses.